Friday, November 14, 2008

Fast food salt levels 'shocking'


Fast food salt levels 'shocking'
BBC Health - The government recommends a maximum of 6g of salt per day for adults, 5g a day for children aged 7-10 and 3g for children aged 4-6. How can these companies justify selling food that contains more than the maximum daily limit for adults and children ...

Housing and the Coffee Shop Economic Indicator
Back in January of this year, Herb Greenberg made headlines by discovering a new leading economic indicator at his favorite Chinese restaurant. He called it the Hot-and-Sour soup indicator, apparently named after his favorite menu item.

Cup of Breakfast - Five Second Rule
What is the rule when something falls on the floor?

At fast-food joints, try the secret menu
Christian Science Monitor - Los Angeles - In-N-out Burger. 6:00 p.m. I say to my girlfriend in line beside me, "I want a burger, but I'm tired of all that bun." A bearded 20-something walks past and says, "protein style, lady." Confused, I look at the menu. No mention there ...