Friday, February 8, 2008

Rookie Roast - Confessions of a First-Time Home Roaster


Rookie Roast - Confessions of a First-Time Home Roaster
My coffee-drinking palate changed forever in early 2000. All in one mug I had my first taste of home-roasted coffee, as well as my first taste of French-pressed coffee. I won't soon forget it. So rich, so intense, a one-of-a-kind taste.

Infant Coffee - 6 Tips for Coffee Drinking Parents
Babies change everything; what do they change for coffee-drinking parents? Here are 6 suggestions.

Jacu Bird Coffee
If you thought Kopi Luwak was disgusting, wait, there’s more! Introducing the Jacu bird into this family of pre-processed coffee should add an interesting avian flair to your mornings.

Brewing Turkish Coffee Using a Traditional Tabletop Burner
Before electricity and gas people used plain old fire to make coffee! They used wood fire and big pots, and they ground their coffee with stones or wood

Creating the 2008 Sketchtoon Coffee Calendar
A few years ago, my wife and I went looking for coffee-themed calendars to be used as gifts for coffee-loving friends. We were very surprised to find none in the calendar kiosks at the local malls, coffee shops and very few to choose from online.

No Coffee or Tea For At Least 2 Weeks
I messed up. I messed up bad. A few weeks ago I got a direct mail advertisement for a dentist offering new patients a free Zoom teeth whitening with the purchase of a cleaning and X-rays.