Saturday, February 2, 2008

Rookie Roast - Confessions of a First-Time Home Roaster


Rookie Roast - Confessions of a First-Time Home Roaster
My coffee-drinking palate changed forever in early 2000. All in one mug I had my first taste of home-roasted coffee, as well as my first taste of French-pressed coffee. I won't soon forget it. So rich, so intense, a one-of-a-kind taste.

Frail Wings of Time
Painting made using coffee and acrylic on canvas.

No Coffee or Tea For At Least 2 Weeks
I messed up. I messed up bad. A few weeks ago I got a direct mail advertisement for a dentist offering new patients a free Zoom teeth whitening with the purchase of a cleaning and X-rays.

Coffee
Buzzing, bizzing, flying.

Grinding Down the Competition
It is a well accepted fact that whole coffee beans stay fresher longer than already ground coffee, so why doesn’t everyone buy whole bean coffee?

Troubleshooting French Press Coffee
It's been five years since I wrote the Press Pot Tutorial. Since then I've brewed a lot of coffee in my press pot. A lot of coffee. Along the way I've developed a checklist of steps to take to improve the taste of French Press coffee.