Saturday, February 23, 2008

At fast-food joints, try the secret menu


At fast-food joints, try the secret menu
Christian Science Monitor - Los Angeles - In-N-out Burger. 6:00 p.m. I say to my girlfriend in line beside me, "I want a burger, but I'm tired of all that bun." A bearded 20-something walks past and says, "protein style, lady." Confused, I look at the menu. No mention there ...

Frail Wings of Time
Painting made using coffee and acrylic on canvas.

Blood Pressure and Coffee
There have been some irresponsible articles written over the years, that assure the reader that drinking coffee will not raise your blood pressure.

Troubleshooting French Press Coffee
It's been five years since I wrote the Press Pot Tutorial. Since then I've brewed a lot of coffee in my press pot. A lot of coffee. Along the way I've developed a checklist of steps to take to improve the taste of French Press coffee.

Jacu Bird Coffee
If you thought Kopi Luwak was disgusting, wait, there's more! Introducing the Jacu bird into this family of pre-processed coffee should add an interesting avian flair to your mornings.

Vacuum Pot Brewing
Vacuum brewers come in many shapes and sizes, yet they are more alike than they are different. They have the same basic components and operate on the same basic principles. You may also hear of these devices referred to as vac pots.