Saturday, December 1, 2007

Behmor 1600 Coffee Roaster Tutorial


Behmor 1600 Coffee Roaster Tutorial
In my last article, I did a first impression on the Behmor 1600, formerly known as the Joe Roaster, the brainchild of Joe Behm. After spending a few more weeks with it, I have been able to learn more about it, and hope to help you get the most from your Behmor1600 Coffee Roaster.

Coffee Vodka
Plain vodka has flavor. Let's get that out of the way before someone feels the need to send me an email pontificating about the subtle flavors of plain vodka when this article is dedicated to pontificating about a particular type of flavored vodka.

Military Orders More Caffeine For Everyone, Starting in 1832!
Although none of the soldiers were likely to have complained, it probably didn't take long for military generals to realize that those alcohol rations they were giving the soldiers were doing more than just boosting spirits (pun intended).

Troubleshooting French Press Coffee
It's been five years since I wrote the Press Pot Tutorial. Since then I've brewed a lot of coffee in my press pot. A lot of coffee. Along the way I've developed a checklist of steps to take to improve the taste of French Press coffee.